Friday, October 21, 2011

Some of Our Favorite Things

I'm back with a few more of our favorite things.  I figure that if my kids love something, it's worth sharing with the world or at least the six people who might read this blog.  


After reading the big book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault, we made this little book.  Each child's picture (and mine too) is on a separate page.  Oh, and I can't take credit for this idea and wish that I knew where I found it.  I hope its creator knows that it's so wonderful that I surely couldn't keep it to myself.




This next classroom book is my attempt at providing the kids with a meaningful reason to practice correct numeral formation.  I gave each of them a phony phone number.  (Parents will thank me for not handing out their cell phone numbers I'm sure.)  Then they wrote their numbers using correct directionality and formation.  The pages are in alphabetical order and tabbed too.





During our fire safety unit, we made this book.  Each child provided their own fire safety tip.  I did too.  I try to make sure I'm in every book we make.  I want to send the message that I love literacy as much as they do.  We're all in the literacy club together.





Lastly, this next book originates from a song that we sang pretty much daily for the first month of school.  (Again, I can't remember where I found it.  Apologies to the person who invented the song.  I'm glad they let me borrow it, because it makes for a great book.)  I believe the Singing Bush sings this tune in The Three Amigos.  It goes something like, "Hello ladies..."  




Now imagine a six-year old sitting against some pillows in the corner of our classroom's living room singing this little book to themselves.  It'll put a smile on your face.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment