Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crossing My Fingers

I've got this mental list of projects that must be done over Thanksgiving break growing in my head right now.  Towards the top of my list: wrap 26 of my Christmas picture books.  All 26 of my kids will get to open one during December.  Bummer they don't get to keep the books, but at least they'll get to enjoy them.  Every time one is being opened, with fingers crossed, I make quite a show about hoping and praying and wishing that it's a book because books are about the best gifts a person could ever get.  The kids get to hear this spiel 26 times, and it doesn't take long before they're crossing their fingers too.  Brainwashing does come in handy sometimes.  I'm crossing my fingers the love of books sticks with them forever!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment