Monday, February 27, 2012

Of Thee I Sing

My room is often filled with singing.  It's got a basket overflowing with classroom books we've created too.  Put those together and you get two classroom books that are based on songs we sing about our country. They're not overly creative, but they're enjoyed and loved by my little patriotic Americans. 






I simply typed up the words to both songs with only one line per page.  Then the kids drew the American flag on their page.  Pretty simple.  


In honor of our country, we also drew The White House, and the kids wrote about what they would do if they were the president.  (You can see the little president peeking through the doorway.)




Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. These are super cute!! Love all the class books you do and I know the kids love to read them over and over!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. It means a lot to me that you always visit my blog!

      Delete
  2. Grand Old Flag is a favorite in my classroom too!
    Julie
    www.lightafire3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I love hearing them sing patriotic songs. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. These are great! I like to sing in the classroom too!

    I'm finally settled into London--come check out my first post since I moved!

    Kelli
    http://talesfromatravelingteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli, I hope all is well in London. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  4. Tammy, we just love all of your ideas and finds so we have awarded you the Liebster blog award. Head on over to our blog to check it out! Thank you for sharing all of your amazing ideas!

    ~ Katie and Rebecca
    First Grade ABCs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie and Rebecca, thank you so much for thinking me worthy of the award. That was very thooughtful of you.

      Delete
  5. I love the white house! I am going to do it soon! Feel free to check out my blog too!

    Ashley

    http://firstgradesmartcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I'm glad to see you dropped by. I will definitely check out your blog as well.

      Delete