Monday, August 20, 2012

One and Only Rule

I've been fussing over this daunting list of things to do before the children show up on Wednesday, not to mention all the things that really must find themselves done around my house.  You know the feeling.  I did manage to accomplish quite a few projects, minus the grocery shopping and trimming the hedges of many small villages.  (Sorry, only "The Three Amigos" fans will appreciate that one.)  I might have gotten to those things if I hadn't spent my Sunday afternoon and evening drawing, cutting, glueing, and Mod Podging this.
(The colors look better in person.)

Even though I could have spent my time doing a truckload of other things, I couldn't put this project down.  It's so important to my classroom, since it's my one and only rule.  (Read here if you'd like to know more about my rule.)  I've been on a signage kick this summer (see here), and I just couldn't resist revamping one more thing before school starts.  

Thanks Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for a summer of creativity.







Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. You have really been busy with all of your signs this summer. :) This is another great one and the colors look fine in the picture!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, have I ever been busy making signs. It really looks much better on my wall than on my blog.

      Delete
  2. This one rule really covers everything! Your sign turned out great!!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, it covers all the little problems that some first graders have a talent for creating. :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute sign! I love the blue and green!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nikki. I like the blue and green combo too.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that sign, Tammy! That's the perfect "only" rule, too.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! It's a rule that covers it all.

      Delete
  5. Your signs are inspirationally amazing!!! Thanks for sharing your wisdom and creativity.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, thank you for such sweet sweet words.

      Delete
  6. Your sign and rule are beautiful! I will try this with my 5th graders. Thank you so much for sharing your innovative approach to rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Thank you for coming by.

      Delete