Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Recommendations

I typically do a terrible job of reading as much as I'd like once school starts.  I've been determined to fix that.  So far, so good.  Here are my September reads.  I'd highly recommend many of these, so do check them out or put them on your list when you can track down some extra reading time.

This one is kind of magical and kept me wondering to the very end.

This was one of my favorites of the month.  It's so very clever.

I'd give this one 3 out of 5 stars.  It was good but not great.

Attachments was a little bit slower than Landline but still clever and worth reading.

This is a quick, delightful read.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.


This one was also well worth my time.  It's a great story.

I can say the same about this book as well.  Laurie from Chickadee Jubilee gave me a great recommendation with Sarah Addison Allen.  Thanks Laurie!



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. OMG I can't believe you have read so many books!! I'm jealous! :) You know how many I have read since school started...zero!

    The only one of those that I have read is the Snow Child and I liked it too-like a fairy tale for grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, I typically don't read this much, but I do hope to keep it up. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Snow Child too.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love book recommendations! I've been able to read a few - I may have to share mine, too! Thanks for sharing yours!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, yes you should definitely share. I love book recommendations too!

      Delete
  3. I love Sarah Addison Allen, have you read The girl Who Chased the moon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I just started that one. She's yet to disappoint me.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! How did you know I was between books? I've resisted using my iPad for reading books, until I found out how convenient it is! I'm off to find the one Laurie recommended...I love that girl!
    Hugs,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, you should read all the Sarah Addison Allen books. They're great!

      Delete
  5. I'm not familiar with any of these but will try a couple. I'm just finishing up Fan Girl (your recommendation) and am REALLY enjoying it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, now you've got to read Landline and Attachments!

      Delete
  6. I'm impressed that you are able to get so much reading done now that school has started. And blog too!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I'm impressed as well. I'm not usually good at my reading during the school year.

      Delete
  7. So glad you share my love for Sarah Addison Allen. My aunt introduced me. Next you should read Delicious by Ruth Reichl. I am on a Southern East Coast reading cycle....my last few books have all been set in the South....yet none of the books are at all connected.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, not only do I share your love for her, I'm sharing her with others. You can always give me book recommendations!

      Delete