Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Book Making Tip

Since my kids love our classroom books as much as they do, I have to make them as durable as I can without draining my time and the school's money by laminating them.  Here's one way I do that.  

Sometimes when I use photos for class books, I print and cut them, and then glue them to both sides of construction paper.  It saves paper and creates books that are less bulky.  Then I use packing tape down the edge that will be bound.  I fold it over the edge to cover both sides at once.  


(Obviously this book isn't bound yet.)

I try to mix up the look of my books in size, shape, color, and the way they're made.  For example, the book above is actually quite small.  If you'd like to see another way I make books, look here.  I hope this inspires you to make a classroom book or two (or several).  


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I like that idea of using the packing tape to make the edge sturdier. As many times as the kids love to read these type books, they need to be durable to last through all the love they give them!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, they do get loved on quite a bit and it shows by the end of the year. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lori. The packing tape is a great idea!
    Maybe this year I'll make more class books:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, packing tape is a great, cheap, easy trick that I do love. :)

      Delete