Saturday, April 30, 2016

Summer Library Trip Tips

Summer is knocking on my door, and I'm working on making sure my readers are as ready as they can be. (P.S. Summer reading preparation actually starts on day one of school. Think about that one.) 

Today though I had a new thought. Do all my parents know how to use the library during the summer? Do some of them feel overwhelmed when walking into a library with a young reader? Might they profit from some tips? I decided that they might, and here's what I came up with. If you want a copy, feel free to click on the graphic.




If this helps even one parent and their one reader, then it was worth my time. I'm hoping for more than one though. :)


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I can still remember going to the library with my mom as a child and being in awe of all the books. There are probably adults dealing with those same feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, if I can remove a few excuses for some parents about the library, maybe they'll be more likely to make regular visits this summer. Hopefully!

      Delete
  2. I loved going to the library as a child. These are great tips to help the parents this summer to continue their child's reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I hope this will help my little people enjoy going to the library too. :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! Our library is within walking distance of our school. I run into families there all the time! Makes me heart happy. (FYI- There's a typo at the bottom of your document-- it says "site" when it should say "cite.") Thanks you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mamaandmummy, thank you so much for letting me know about the typo. It's fixed now. :)

      Delete